1. General Information 18230 is produced by, and is a trading name of 18230 Ltd. All rights reserved. With the explicit exception of the exclusions below (paragraph 11), no portion of this web site may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior written permission from 18230. In this document, the terms “18230” and “web site” refer to any material published on the following domains owned by 18230: 18230.com, and any other future branded domains.
2. Terms The following rules and regulations (“Terms”) apply to all visitors to or Members of this web site (collectively, “Users”). By accessing this web site, the User acknowledges acceptance of these Terms. 18230 reserves the right to change these Terms from time to time at its sole discretion. In the case of any violation of these rules and regulations, 18230 reserves the right to seek all remedies available by law and in equity for such violations. These Terms apply to all visits to the 18230 web site, both now and in the future. The term “User” refers to the person responsible for viewing the content, or initiating its transmission from any of the above named domains.
3. Privacy 18230 is registered under the UK’s Data Protection Act 1998 with no. Z884897X. Personal Information received by 18230 will be kept in a secure manner and processed in accordance with the laws relating to data protection. Except as expressly provided, any non-personal information or material sent to 18230 whether by email or a web-browser form, will be deemed NOT to be confidential. By sending 18230 any non-personal information or material, you grant 18230 an unrestricted, irrevocable license to use, reproduce, display, perform, modify, transmit and distribute those materials or information, and you also agree that 18230 is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques that you send us for any purpose. We shall keep information that allows us to contact you (“Personal Information”) confidential. We may from time to time use your Personal Information to contact you about new features and services. We will never give your details to any third party, unless we have expressly stated in additional Terms and Conditions that your details may be shared (e.g. Competition entries).
The only information we may publish about you is your first name, which you give us when you join 18230 as a Member. This name may be shown in any page that you edit, such as a venue or band page, to indicate that you are a contributor to the page. You may, however, hide your first name by setting your preferences by logging in and editing “my details”. We will never publish your last name, or any other personal details that you give us when you join.
We may track the number of visitors to this web site. This can include using a “cookie” which would be stored on your computer. Cookies are small files which are used by us to uniquely identify your computer (not you personally), and to enhance your experience of this site. You must enable cookies from www.18230.com if you wish to login to, or use many functions of, this site. You can read more about cookies at the UK government’s ICO site »
4. Security We will take all reasonable care in keeping your Personal Information safe. Your Personal Information will never be disclosed, sold, given or hired to any third party.
5. Your email address When you join 18230 you use an email address to identify yourself. We reserve the right to disallow any email address that we perceive to be misleading or that is being used to “pass off” your identity as being affiliated to, or connected with, 18230. We also reserve the right to change our policy at any time, and delete your 18230 account without notice to you if we believe that your email address falls into this category.
6. Sending You email We will send you email confirmations of all events and offers that you add to 18230, the day after you add them to the site. We will also send you email alerts for any event/offer added for your event/offer by a venue, or for any gigs added for your venue.
We may send you email newsletters (usually once a month) to keep you up-to-date with new features on 18230. You may opt-out of these newsletters at any time.
We may also email you a list of event/offer in your area every week, if there are any. You may also opt-out of these event/offer listings. (These event/offer are in addition to any specific event/offer alerts that you have set up.
7. Content Created By Members
The views expressed in directly posted information from Members of the 18230 site are those of the individual Member and not those of 18230 or its ISPs.
(i) Members are asked not to contribute information which is abusive, racist, obscene, defamatory or the content of which is otherwise undesirable, illegal or in breach of any person’s rights. 18230 reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to remove any such information at any time and without notice to any Member. Bona fide requests to remove defamatory content will be honoured, although we can give no guarantee to the time scale.
(ii) As this is a family-orientated site, 18230 will, at its sole discretion, remove any bad language or explicit adult-orientated words or pictures in posted material, and may terminate your account without notice to you.
(iii) Members may not post material that has been designed to distort search engine page rankings. In particular, Members may not employ word repetition techniques, or excessive use of superlatives (such as “A1”, “AAA”, “1st”, “best”, etc). Such material may be removed by 18230 without notice to the Member. In such cases, membership may be cancelled without notice to any Member, at the sole discretion of 18230.
(iv) Members may not post material that distorts any page, including, but not limited to: width of the page, width of column sections, width of table columns. Such material may be removed by 18230 without notice to the Member. In such cases, membership may be cancelled without notice to any Member, at the sole discretion of 18230.
(v) Members may not post any event/offer that is not confirmed, either in writing, by email or verbally, with the other party (band/artist or venue). If the 18230 Editors find any evidence of false postings, the Member’s membership will be terminated without notice.
(vi) Pictures and photos posted on this site may be subject to copyright restrictions. If you do not own the copyright, or have written permission from the copyright holder to such pictures and photos, you must not post them onto this site. If you do post copyrighted pictures or photos without the copyright holder’s permission, we will remove them from this site without notice, and your membership may be terminated by us without notice to you.
(vii) Pages created by Members on 18230 provide information to the public. If 18230 determines that any page should be deleted, amended, or re-assigned to a different Member, it may do so without notice to any Member. In cases of contention, where two or more parties claim “responsibility” for the same page, 18230 may attempt to resolve ownership by emailing the parties concerned. If no agreement can be reached, or if no response can be obtained from one or more parties, 18230 reserves the right to delete, amend or re-assign pages as it sees fit, and without notice to any Members involved. However, 18230 gives no guarantee to any Member that they will be consulted before pages are deleted, amended or re-assigned.
(vii) Members are responsible for providing correct event/offer information, including, but not limited to: event/offer date, event/offer time, and entrance fee. If any Member persistently posts inaccurate gig information, 18230 reserves the right to remove these gigs from the site, and to terminate the Member’s membership without notice.
8. General Disclaimer Although 18230 has attempted to provide accurate information on this web site, 18230 assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of the information. 18230 may change the content, and remove any content, at any time, without notice. Mention of, and links to, non-18230 web sites or services is for information purposes only and constitutes neither an endorsement nor a recommendation. 18230 is not responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any information, data, opinions, advice or statements made on these other sites.
All opinions stated are those of the individual authors and are not the responsibility of 18230. 18230 shall not be liable for any indirect, special, consequential, or incidental damages including, without limitation, lost profits or revenues, costs of replacement goods, loss or damage to data arising out of the use or inability to use this site.
To avoid disappointment, we always advise you to check with the venue before setting out to any event/offer.
9. Applicable Law These Terms shall be governed by, and construed exclusively in accordance with, English law. Any dispute arising under these Terms shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts and, by using this web site, you hereby submit to and waive any objections to the jurisdiction of such courts.
BY USING THIS SITE, YOU AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THE ABOVE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS SITE.
Information on this page last updated 24 February 2017